HILLEBERG THE TENTMAKER Anjan 3
The Anjan 3 was designed specifically as a very light tent for mobile adventures in warmer and snow-free conditions. And while it is indeed very light, it also has unexpected strength. During development, Hilleberg set up an Anjan in their wind machine (a converted snow making blower), and left it for 6 to 8 hours in very strong winds. The Anjan stood strong with no problem. We redesigned the Anjan models for 2017, replacing the dual opening pole sleeves and Lock-Tip poles with single opening sleeves and standard poles. To retain the excellent venting effect of having the outer stop short of coming all the way to the ground, we incorporated catenary patterning into the bottom of the outer tent walls, creating permanent gaps to allow full air flow. In addition to its venting effect, the new design is easier to pitch, especially in windy conditions. The Anjan 3's inner tent has an all mesh door and a large, triangular mesh vent in the rear wall for constant air flow. In very warm conditions, you can fully roll up the rear wall of the outer tent. You can also completely roll away the Anjan 3's vestibule. Given all of this, the Anjan 3 is perfect for 3 season backpacking trips and summer bicycle and paddle tours, and is also well-suited for hunters on scouting trips or on early season, minimalist hunts. It is also ideal for warm weather comfort seekers who want to size up but still keep the weight very low: the Anjan 3 is lightweight luxury for two and even a surprisingly light yet huge solo shelter option for those who hold spaciousness in the highest regard!
- Kerion 100 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a wonderfully lightweight, yet sturdy 3 season tent
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and its the ideal choice for mobile journeys
- Both the Anjan 2 and 3 have plenty of room for the stated number of occupants and their gear
- Linked but separate inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching
- Tunnel designs requires only 4 pegs for pitching