Blending minimalism with unconditional performance, our R1® midlayers are made for cool-weather active layering to keep you warm and comfortable across the full spectrum of mountain endeavors. The Polartec® Power Grid® fabric—made exclusively for Patagonia—features a high/low interior grid recycled polyester/spandex blend that stretches, breathes, moves moisture and insulates. Lightweight and soft on the skin, the R1 Full-Zip Hoody has a technical fit that accommodates underlayers yet can be worn as a stand-alone top when conditions permit; it compresses down to practically nothing in your pack. For higher-output use and enhanced mobility, we’ve incorporated lighter weight, super stretchy grid fabric along the side panels, in the snug-fitting balaclava-style hood and at harness line. Details include a snug-fitting hood that stays comfortable under a helmet, a front zipper for quick temperature regulation, a soft zipper garage to keep your chin comfy and stretchy cuffs that stay put over your forearms. With an exterior left-chest pocket, two drop-in low-profile handwarmers and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control so you stay welcome among friends at the end of the day. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made the R1 Full-Zip Hoody earned a premium for their labor.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this Polartec® Power Grid® fabric with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control is light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability
- Snug-fitting hood fits comfortably under a helmet with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- One left-chest pocket has a slim zipper install and mesh pocket bag; drop-in low-profile handwarmer pockets
- Stretchy cuffs push up (and stay put) comfortably over forearms
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn